Who is eligible to exchange their existing showerhead for a low-flow showerhead?
- Any Charlottetown Water & Sewer Utility customer with a Water & Sewer Utility account in good standing.
- A valid Charlottetown Water & Sewer account number is required.
- Any tenant must request their landlord to apply on their behalf.
- The showerhead you are exchanging must have a flow-rate of more than 2.5 gallons/9.5 litres per minute.
Are there limits on the number of showerheads that I can exchange?
- Any Water & Sewer Utility customer can exchange up to 2 showerheads.
- There are a limited number of showerheads. They are available on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last.
What kind of showerhead will I receive?
- We are offering two low-flow showerheads options – a standard low-flow showerhead, and a handheld low-flow showerhead.
- Supply is limited and showerheads are available while quantities last.
Does the showerhead exchange include hoses and other hardware?
- No, the exchange only includes the showerhead itself.
- If you need to replace hoses or hardware you will be responsible for these extra costs and for the installation.
What if I change my mind and want my old showerhead back?
- Charlottetown Water & Sewer Utility will keep exchanged showerheads for up to 1 week.
- If you decide you would like to change back to your old showerhead, please return the new showerhead, undamaged, within one week of your exchange date and we will return your old showerhead to you.
Do I need a licensed plumber to install the showerhead?
- We recommend hiring a licensed plumber to install the showerhead for you if you are not comfortable installing it by yourself or if you run into any complications when removing or installing your showerhead.
- The City of Charlottetown – Water & Sewer Utility is not responsible for any damages incurred during the removal or installation of the showerheads.
Am I eligible for the Low Income Financial and Technical (LIFT) Assistance Program?
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a resident of PEI with a total household income of $50,000 or less;
- You must own and live in the residence or have an account with the Charlottetown Water & Sewer Utility in your name if you rent; and said account is in good standing.
What does the program provide?
A qualified tradesperson completes a water audit (such as checking for leaks, checking for low-flow fixtures) free of charge at your resident along with the following:
- installation of a low-flow showerhead,
- installation of a low-flow aerator on bathroom sinks,
- a voucher for low-flow toilet and installation, if applicable.
How do I qualify for a toilet rebate?
The water audit will determine if you qualify for a rebate for you to purchase a low-flow toilet and have it installed. It includes:
- a rebate for 50% of the cost (including taxes) of an approved toilet up to $250 – approved toilet must be WaterSense® certified and have a MaP rating of 1000g listed with www.map-testing.com,
- a rebate for up to $100 for toilet installation by a licensed plumber with proof of disposal of an older toilet,
- a rebate of $50 under efficiencyPEI.
Am I able to access other programs?
Yes, the Low Income Financial and Technical (LIFT) Assistance Program is being done simultaneously with efficiencyPEI’s Winter Warming Program.
A qualified tradesperson completes a comprehensive air-sealing (such as caulking, weather-stripping, sealing gaskets) free of charge at your resident along with the following:
- installation of a programmable thermostat,
- low-flow showerhead,
- a voucher for a free furnace cleaning (up to $80 value),
- a quantity of ENERGY STAR® LED light bulbs.
Learn more about the Winter Warming program.
Do I need to make a separate application?
No, one application will apply for both programs.
What if I have already accessed the Home Energy Low Income (HELP) or Winter Warming program?
You are still eligible to apply for the LIFT Program.
If you have not accessed the HELP or Winter Warming program within the last five years, you may be eligible to reapply.
How do I apply?
- Confirm your eligibility according to the terms and conditions as outlined on the application form.
- Fill out the application form completely. Incomplete information will delay or disqualify your application.
- Mail or drop off the application with original copies of your proof of income* to efficiencyPEI or any Access PEI location.
*Proof of income must be your most recent original July GST Credit Notice showing your net family income, marital status, and province of residence.
To apply for the rebate download and fill out the application form.
What is the 4.8 toilet rebate?
The Town of Stratford is offering Utility Customers a rebate of $50 per toilet (up to a max. of 2 toilet rebates) per eligible property as an incentive to replace older, less efficient toilets with new ultra low-flow models.
Who is eligible for this program?
To be eligible for the Stratford 4.8 Rebate you must:
- own a residential unit within the Stratford municipality (houses, semis, duplexes, individual condos and townhouses), or
- own commercial building in the Town of Stratford,
- have a utility account with the town and be a customer in good standing,
- have a Town of Stratford water meter installed and,
- be replacing an existing toilet (s) with a flush volume of 6L or above.
How do I participate?
To take part in the program you will need to:
- submit an application form
- provide proof of property ownership or residency; proof can include a copy of your utility bill, driver’s license or household/business bill;
- submit a copy of sales receipt of new, ultra low-flow toilet (s); and
- submit a copy of disposal receipt from Green Isle.
Application forms can be obtained in person at Stratford Town Centre Offices (234 Shakespeare Drive) or by printing the following: APPLICATION FORM – 2018
Please return all required documents including the completed, signed application form and other requirements listed above at one time to Stratford Town Centre. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm.
How do I know what toilets are eligible?
Our eligibility criteria is simple:
- 4.8L (dual flush toilets are eligible)
- toilets must be 1000 MaP standard (please ask your local dealer, or click here to view more information on MaP)
If you are unsure what toilets meet the 4.8 rebate criteria please ask a representative at a local retailer or contact us for clarification.
For more information please call 902-569-1995, email firstname.lastname@example.org or view our Frequently Asked Questions: Stratford Toilet Rebate Program FAQ – 2018.
What is the program and who is eligible?
The Town of Stratford is offering Stratford Utility customers the opportunity to exchange one, less efficient showerhead, for one new low-flow model. There is no cost to residents for this exchange; however, proof of residency is required prior to receiving a showerhead. Proof can include a copy of your utility bill, household bill, or driver’s license.
How do I know if my showerhead is eligible for exchange?
If your showerhead uses over 2.5 GPM (gallons per minute), you are eligible to participate in this program. Please check your existing showerhead to determine its water usage (should be located directly on your existing showerhead).
What showerhead will I receive?
Participants in the program will receive a Mainline Traditional Water Sense showerhead in a polished chrome finish. This model is an ultra-low-flow showerhead, emitting water at a low 1.75 GPM at 80 PSI.
How do I install my new showerhead?
Make sure shower taps are turned off. Place a non-slip mat in the shower area to avoid slippage. Using an adjustable wrench, undo the old showerhead by turning counter-clockwise. DO NOT USE EXCESSIVE FORCE. Remove flange from supply outlet and clean the threads with steel wool or a stiff brush. Dry thoroughly. Wind about six rotations of Teflon tape (available at any hardware store) around the supply outlet and place new flange over the outlet. Screw the new showerhead onto the supply outlet, turning clockwise to tighten. DO NOT USE EXCESSIVE FORCE. Check the showerhead does not leak; if it does, remove the showerhead, replace the Teflon tape and repeat installation steps.
For further instruction, click here.
Do I need a licensed plumber to install the showerhead?
We recommend you contact a licensed plumber if you are not comfortable installing the new showerhead.
What if damage is done to the wall or new showerhead?
The Town of Stratford is not responsible for damages incurred as a result of removing or installing the showerheads.
What if I don’t like my new showerhead; can I return it?
You will not be able to reclaim your old showerhead. The Town of Stratford will not be offering exchanges.
I’m interested! What’s next?
If you are eligible and your existing showerhead meets the requirements for this program, please bring your showerhead into Stratford Town Offices during office hours to exchange for your new ultra-low-flow showerhead. An application form is required and can be picked up during office hours, completed when you come in or is available for print:
If you have any questions please contact us at 902-569-1995 or email@example.com.